Wednesday, September 17, 2008

NOW IS THE TIME – THERE IS HOPE

by Michael C. Ruppert

Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 7 P.M. PDT –

Let me paraphrase something I once saw George H.W. Bush say: "Everything I am; everything I have accomplished; and everything I hope to accomplish I owe to David Rockefeller." Today I saw some thing I never thought possible. I saw a Rothschild endorse a fundamentally Rockefeller candidate – John McCain. DNC Platform Committee Member Lynn Forester de Rothschild quit her post to endorse McCain as she also ended her longstanding role as a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton. The Clintons also have strong Rockefeller "lineage" so I'm guessing that Hillary understands the move perfectly with a wink and a nod.

I'll give you the punch line now, without making you read further.

If Rothschilds and Rockefellers are taking the same side it is because the entire economic paradigm is threatened. There is good reason to believe it. The Dow has lost almost 10% in just two days. The bailouts are lining up at the door before the Fed goes bankrupt; before our government goes bankrupt. Lehman was ten times bigger than Enron. AIG was much bigger than Lehman. Still to come are Washington Mutual, Goldman, J.P. Morgan, the automakers and the airlines, to name a few. Not all are going to be saved.

There is only one run on the bank taking place. This time it's the Federal Reserve and we know who will get screwed. The Fed and our Treasury are being looted at the one moment in time when we most need them to be full.

All of this has everything to do with Peak Oil. For those of you who have followed my work – and the work of everyone who was FTW – this is exactly what we said would happen, and were trying to prevent. The fact that we are going to have a fast crash now is the best possible outcome because it has given us a unique and perhaps fleeting moment –a window – to change things. There is plenty left to salvage.

There are other signs of a fast crash. For months now the prices of oil and gold have been ruthlessly suppressed. Oil reached $147 a barrel and broke demand so badly there was not even a dead cat bounce in demand at $100 a barrel. Energy is the economy. Money is useless without energy. There is no credit available to finance renewed demand and get some cash circulating. It is interesting to note that narcotics seizures are at all time highs. Cocaine shipments in the thousands of tons are being seized on almost a daily basis. That is taking enormous amounts of cash out of the system. There's just one problem with that cash. It must circulate through many hands to multiply before Wall Street gets it. That takes time and they don'thave time.

One would think that illegal drugs would be cheap now to lubricate the wheels of a nation in panic. But this is beyond that. Enron was in drugs. It operated several hundred subsidiaries in the Cayman Islands. Its bankruptcy was $63 billion. Lehman all by itself was $632 billion. The last time I estimated the total amount of cash generated by the drug trade it was only $600 billion a year. Lehman was just one bankruptcy. Add in Fannie and Freddie and Bear Stearns; soon Washington Mutual (which I suspect may be allowed to fail) plus all the rest – and anything the drug trade could do is vastly overwhelmed.

This is the derivatives bubble popping. That bubble is now in excess of $450 trillion dollars. I warned about it when I returned from Moscow in 2001 and again in our first-ever economic alert on September 9, 2001. There isn't enough cash in the world to cover the "monthly minimum payments" on $450 trillion. If I had to speculate, my guess would be that Wall Street wants people to pay their bills right now. All of Wall Street needs quick cash flow. That's what put AIG in a bind because AIG was so deeply connected to money laundering. That's how desperate they are; just as desperate as the United States is for energy. When people don't spend money on drugs they pay their bills instead, is the government's hope. The U.S. is now seizing a lot of drug cash and other properties through asset forfeiture. So my guess is that the U.S. government is acting like a drowning man.

If I had serious debts to major banks and credit companies now I would be seriously thinking about not paying them at all. I might decide to put my money into gold or things that might help me endure the crises that are coming. A lot of those walking carcasses won't be around soon and why should I give them money that may save my life? I am already in the right position. Although it was a monumental effort I did what I was begging people to do back in 2005. I got out of debt.

This is exactly what I spent all these years trying to warn people about.

What we are watching being taken away, right in front of our eyes, is the money – the wherewithal – to prepare for the now-certain energy shortages that are coming very quickly. Today gold saw its biggest one-day price jump ($70) in history. And it's still the best bargain in town… although CNBC won't tell you that.

Hurricanes Gustav and Ike were remembrances from the planet that there are some things the markets cannot control. This is what I warned about in New York in May of 2006 and I am not at all surprised by how sparse the reporting has been on oil and gas infrastructure damage since they struck. I am only seeing unsupported cliff notes. What is very clear is that the populations of Houston and Galveston are devastated and in dire need of help.

But there's a run on the Fed and their money's going out the door too.There is no victory until the paradigm is broken. Until we change the way money works, we change nothing. Right now, the entire economic paradigm of infinite growth is vulnerable, weak, and exposed. The dribble being offered by Obama and McCain only exposes the fact that everything is broken; that the system itself is the enemy.

Now, we who have labored so long and paid such prices to warn have a real shot at breaking public consciousness.

Now, we who understood all this and who have been marginalized, have authority to stand up and command the floor.

Now, we who cried as voices in the wilderness, have a chance to actually reach the minds of those we love but who have refused to listen.

We can do all this because the elephant in the living room has started to trample people.

Now, it is clear that under the current economic paradigm, people themselves will and must become the disposable resources to keep corporations alive.

Now, is the time that we can force the mainstream media to choose between its audience and its sponsors; between corporate masters and neighbors and families.

So many in the Peak Oil movement have burned out, given up.

Now is the time to get off your asses and get back in the fight. People are listening. Quit goofing off!

I am just finishing my second book. It's title: "A Presidential EnergyPolicy". It will be a short book, maybe 130 pages or so. That's all that is needed to make the case now. In writing this book and in sticking my head up on the blog I have broken an unspoken, but very real agreement that I would not be harassed anymore by the government if I stayed retired. I paid a serious price to get Pat Tillman's story researched, written, edited and published but we did it. And we took down nine general officers and a Secretary of Defense in the process.

It is no coincidence then that a two-and-a-half year old sexual harassment claim against me in Oregon was just reactivated and scheduled for a hearing in November. It was just lying fallow. I have wanted this hearing from the start. I did nothing wrong. I was set up. I can prove that in a fair hearing, but the State of Oregon's political machine has not played fair since Day One. The Ashland Police Departments has apologized to me and my attorney for grossly mishandling the investigation of the burglary of our office in June 2006. I have accepted that apology.

But the Oregon State Labor Department has made many procedural errors and treated me from the start as if I were a criminal, a lunatic and a nutcase. It has demonstrated bias on the part of the complainant and treated me in a personally demeaning manner when all I have ever done is to respond quickly to anything they ask for. I'm tired of apologizing for what I believe in.

I am not afraid of the outcome if I get a fair hearing. But given everything I have documented over many years that may not be likely.

It doesn't make any difference. Now is the moment to go for it. Tostand up and stop being defensive. For all of you who remained so loyal for all these years; for all of you who continue to send the letters and emails of support -- if I can get a fair hearing in Oregon we will all be vindicated.

Just this week a two--and-a-half year old sales tax bill turned up; a sales tax bill that was inflated by about 60% with interest and penalties and had supposedly been handled by the same employee who we know smashed our computers. I'm taking that one on too. California now admits they didn't count one of two full quarters that was paid two years ago.

So I am standing up again and that's what I ask you to do as well.

Now is the time to start talking again about Peak Oil.

Now is the time for everyone who knows the map to dust off their copy of Rubicon or back issues of FTW. Take the risk and start talking again.

Now is the time to buy a copy of "Rubicon" and send it to someone you love or want to teach. Tell them, "It's not about 9-11. It's about what's happening today, right now. It's the story of how we got here."

Now is the time to start pointing again at all of our great leaders: the Colin Campbells, the Richard Heinbergs the Matt Simmonses, the Julian Darleys, the Ken Deffeyeses, the Jim Kunstlers, the Matt Savinars, the Jenna Orkins, the Megan Quinn-Bachmans, the Mike Kanes, the Mark Robinowitzes, the Dmitri Orlovs, the Barry Silverthorns, and so many more. Mention their names. Shout their names.

Start now to organize meetings and seminars. As you "market" them tell people that this is the explanation for everything that is happening around them. Show the record. Show our predictions. It is certain to make sense and resonate – if for no other reason than because nothing else anybody is saying is.

Now is the time when we can break the back of infinite growth and stumble our way to a steady-state economy that we can use to help prepare for Peak Oil. We can do this before the moment in time comes when (as I wrote in "Global Corp") the last CFO of the last corporation, after the last merger, says to himself, 'Hooray we did it!" – as he turns out the last light on all of us.

Today a Rothschild sided with a Rockefeller… They are scared. And John McCain will loot the Fed faster than Barack Obama will. The old paradigm is trying to cash out with our money. Neither candidate will do a damn thing for us. We must do it for ourselves.

"It is a good day to die."

29 comments:

catpoet said...

Dear Mike:

People are talking, people are asking, people are so confused about what is happening and many are pretty frightened. Right now people who know what a depression is,are asking what to do, and the young who know nothing of poverty, homelessness and the crash of civilization as we know it are angry because they don't want to believe it. My son, one of the most difficult disbelievers for me, finally threw in the towel when he watched American Drug Wars, and my daughter, ever knowing, said, "that's the guy mom's been reading all these years". I haven not heard a word since about conspiracy theory or complaints about various stockpiling.

I have so many articles from FTW that are printed and held in paper files for later. And Crossing the Rubicon. I would love to see your new book. I have been referring new "wake ups" to FTW and to this blog.

How can I thank you for everything you have done that prepared me for this time? I am as ready as I can get on my budget, and I have done well with that in the last two years, a bit at a time. I hope to be able to pull together a group of people who are aware and know whats going on to network and help others during this time. If it gets too nuts I have a back up plan as well. I am an older girl but I will not go down easily.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when justice comes in for you. I never believed the "rumors", you are just too honorable and courageous for such actions. I hope these folks get what they deserve.

No dying just yet. We have work to do, and we need you even if only by ham radio. You have taught us well. I knew your voice would still be there when things began to cave in.

Love and all blessings to you. And to Jenna too. Stay safe

Ruby said...

Woah, Mike, "yer baaaack..."

The facts are on your side in the harassment case. You WILL be vindicated, as you are in so many other ways.

Honest though, I'm trying to do things for myself, in a small community of like-minded people. Those who aren't in my crew can watch and learn; I've got no time for shouting.

If somebody brings something up, I'll give the Peak view, but I'm done initiating conversations and trying to convince people that we're near the end of this run.

I understand what a catallyst is, and if the right moment comes along, perhaps I could be one, but I'm not searching the want-ads for Super Hero Needed.

You take care of yourself Mike. I've learned so much from you; you changed my life. I saw you in Portland, and from then on, you were "the most radical man in America" to me. And you still are.

Don't lose yourself to this harasment BS. Your integrity as a person depend upon maintaining your health. There are many ways to "shout". As we move into this Long Emergency, I'm glad for the opportunity to be inspired by your words, again. So stand up and start talking if you want; you can be sure to have eager ears.

But when the wrath comes down, because the crowd doesn't want to hear the ugly truth, go back to the comfort of your home, and write again. You will always have your devoted readers.

businessman said...

Michael...Everything you've written on the Blog in recent months has been a preamble to this one magnificent post you've just made. We've really missed you and thank you so much for coming back again full throttle. Keep both the postings and the inspiration coming our way!

Unknown said...

Hang in there Mike..
You are the true HERO of our time

You have accomplished more in 10 years than the Rothshields have done for centuries.

Just remember that.

The reason why all this happens is
that GREED is a cancer within the
human body..You could feed theme with a Trillion a day, and they would still be hungry before night..

Remember that too.

Thank GOD
(if he is still out there )
that most people do not have the same obsession about money as Rockerfellar/Rothshild does.
Maybe it´s in their genes.
I don´t know.

Now I´m on my way out to preach.
That at least I can do..

And so can you..

Mike2

Anonymous said...

Hoka Hey!

Excellent analysis. Yes, this is one of those rare moments when to expose the truth to the sleepwalking public. Let us hope the elite don't pull another 9/11 to cover their asses before the dust on Wall Street settles.

Unknown said...

God's strength Mike.

The cards are in our favor. Take the house. Take it down.

S

nik xenarios said...

My sentiments exactly MCR. I heard once that at a particularly difficult and miserable time in Irish history they used to celebrate at funerals and greive at births. I'm hoping that that time will never come here but there's something oddly beautiful about that..paradoxical. We have to remember again that decay can be beautiful for example and that the land of competition will have to turn into the land of cooperation. Maybe the big break as in broken will be coupled with a sigh of releif if we can get our collective mind together. What I've learned mostly through my armchair studying of peak oil and the consequences of preaching about it is that I'm no longer ruled by fear anymore nor am I confused as to why this happened there, etc. I can thank you and the others aformentioned for this empowerment. For the last three years I've been bombarding everyone I come across with peak oil and yes I've been marginalized at times and categorized as a fringe conspiracy carrier. But also have spread the word and have effected change but it wasn't me but all of you the Kunstlers, etc. It's happening to many people right now and 'THEY' are loosing their grip b/c, as you said and I understand the figurative quote.."it is a good day to die!" WE HAVE TO KAMAKAZI OUR WAY TO THE TRUTH! Thanks a trillion times.

Rice Farmer said...

The Law of Supply & Demand is Broken: Gold and Silver Demand Soars and Prices Plummet!

http://www.real-debt-elimination.com/real_money/crimes_of_the_economy/law_of_supply_and_demand_is_dead_for_silver_and_gold.htm

Does the historic surge in gold price mean the the law of supply and demand is back? Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

Standing ovation.
That's the Michael Ruppert we know and love.
Sending you strength.
Many thanks to you, Michael and to everyone who brings the truth to light.
Now, let's get busy!

Michiel said...

Thank you Micheal for your great post.

I have finally gone to the length of ordering a copy of Crossing The Rubicon after contemplating it a hundred times before.

Could someone tell me please; are there any safe banks left, particulary in Europe because that is where I live?

Is it at all sensible to invest savings into some product tied to the price of gold, or is physical gold the only real option?

I would really like to provide my family with a good chance at a future.

I think about stocking up on tobacco soon; storable and sellable.

cornsilk said...

I've posted here before about Michael having changed the lives of this family. We own, free and clear, 30 acres of farmland, a geothermal strawbale house, some silver and good health.

But all of us need to listen to our inner voice, especially you, Mike. You're a fighter. I don't need to tell you to hold some back when you enter the fray.

Please don't let them fatigue you to the point of illness again. There is nothing to prove anymore. Frankly, I don't think anything can be saved, except on an individual basis.

But I can live with that, sad as it is. Be proud of the many people you've given a "heads up" to. It doesn't take a headline victory from you to inspire the troops. We're re-energized just to know you're back.

Be well, everyone.

Jeff Moser said...

It's great to hear your energy again!

Thanks for waking me up several years ago, and sending me on a journey of preparedness. I'm grateful for the years I've had to scale back and practice a new way of life. I can't imagine being forced to change in a very short period of time! I still have a long way to go, but I feel that my family is in a good position to weather the storm. Thanks again!

R. A. Davies said...

The moon is dark Oct. 3 and Nov. 2. Election day is Nov. 4. When will the bombs start?

TheRavingLoon said...

All I have to say is "Mike Ruppert got me 2.5 thousand dollars."*

By that I mean I read FTW back in 2004, bought 6 piece of gold at around $400 each ($2400 total) and now there worth about $800 or so. That's a gain of just about $2500.

*Some of you who live in Southern California might remember those obnoxious attorney commercials for Larry H. Parker. this is a play on those, kinda of had to see them to get it.

marketTrader2 said...

Does anybody know of a group coming together to form a peak oil living community? People of like mind and goals to help one another prepare, survive and thrive? In particular, I'm wondering if there is a peakoilSingles.com web site to get to meet singles of like mind? It's taking too much energy on a first date to explain this peak oil lifestyle thinking.

Patrick said...

"What we are watching being taken away, right in front of our eyes, is the money – the wherewithal – to prepare for the now-certain energy shortages that are coming very quickly."

In terms of debt financing, absolutely, very difficult to get credit for a renewable energy project these days. However, in terms of equity, I expect renewables-backed securities to bust out in the next few years, with all the cash on the side-lines flooding back in. This is why I think we're more likely in for Clean, Green Facism than wholesale collapse.

Unknown said...

Mike, if you are not aware of being a Hero, well, let there be no doubt...... and if you do die today, you become Legend or Martyr and either is good,

However,

Misery does love company and I for one just love to read you. Keep your damn head down and chill out. You and Russia, awake and on the prowl make me nervous.

Unknown said...

Great to hear you are back MCR. I have been fighting the fight lately as you recommend. I have been using what I learned from you and Jim Kunstler and Matt Simmons, and responding to people who keep saying the crisis is over and think it is just a blip(like we heard that a year ago!) I have benefited personally from listening; I got my money out of stocks and 3 years ago bought gold, silver and platinum. (Thank god I have been out of debt for a while.)

I wish you good health and thank you for the "map" you have given us.

Albert Bates said...

You say: "Oil reached $147 a barrel and broke demand so badly there was not even a dead cat bounce in demand at $100 a barrel."


I don't think demand destruction had any more to do with it than Beijing smog removal. The demand destruction was less in August than it was in July but crude prices kept downward. They went down even after the Houston oil patch went under the waves.

My explanation is at http://peaksurfer.blogspot.com/2008/09/tea-leaves.html

NB Patton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Muhrrteyn said...

Glad to hear your spirit ain't broken Mike...

Aint worth it to live your life on your knees -- die standing, and at least live for something -- which you sure have.

Chuck Baldwin, Constitution Party Presidential Candidate, recently reckoned, "If you want to keep family safe, and your country free; go buy a gun."

Sounds like some honest advice from a friend in the know.

Anyway, Mike, if you ever head down to SA, you know invitation is always open. Hope all is well with you in CA.

Regards

Lara

Appears whomever may be left standing, to continue humanity's eugenic evolution procreation after what's coming, shall be those with the Malcolm X and Harriet Tubman FREEDOM GENES in their blood;

"If you're not ready to die for it, put the word 'freedom' out of your vocabulary."
Malcolm X

"I freed a thousands slaves, I could have freed a thousand more, if only they knew they were slaves"
Harriet Tubman

Paula said...

Is it possible to privately email the folks who publish this blog?

captain said...

Dear Mr. Ruppert,
Thank-you for your unfailing efforts for the dumb, blind, and ungrateful. I include myself somewhere among them. I wish to greet your reemergence with warmth and power. I assure you that you have my full undying support in your continued pursuit and demonstration of truth on this planet. Your back is covered! It may be a good day to die, but let us have fun living along the way.
Sincerely,
Elliot

John Doraemi said...

Mike, you're all over the place.

You make some very large claims with no sources whatsoever. I used to respect how you backed up everything you said with credible documentation.

Now, cause and effect don't seem too important to you. That is a sign that dogmatism and/or ideology have taken over.

I am not a fanboy, a zealot, or part of your "movement." I just want the facts.

"It will be a short book, maybe 130 pages or so. That's all that is needed to make the case now."

I would reassess that reasoning.

The price of oil just dropped 50%, and that proves your peak oil hypothesis how?

All it proves is massive price fixing and market manipulation.

Where are these "Cocaine shipments in the thousands of tons?"

Is that some kind of typo?

Consider resurrecting the old Mike Ruppert and rewriting this post with a source for every factual claim.

http://crimesofthestate.blogspot.com/

trobador said...

Hi everyone, the key message to all of you. 1- Go and buy a piece of land with no banker around. 2- get friends and family to be involved so u can be protected at one point 3- go and get seeds 5- be in peace.

Jenna Orkin said...

paula,

i posted your question but don't see it in this list.

anyway, yes, you can email me privately by posting to the blog and writing "PRIVATE" on it.

Jenna Orkin said...

paula,

i posted your question but don't see it in this list.

anyway, yes, you can email me privately by posting to the blog and writing "PRIVATE" on it.

trobador said...

Hi everyone, the key message to all of you. 1- Go and buy a piece of land with no banker around. 2- get friends and family to be involved so u can be protected at one point 3- go and get seeds 5- be in peace.

Rationalific said...

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your hard work. Compared to just 2 years ago, I know so much more about our situation in the United States and the world, and I thank you for teaching me that. Over that time period, I have learned so much about Peak Oil, precious metals, debt, fiat currency, 9/11, and more...and all these things developed from an astounding lecture of yours that I saw on YouTube or Google Video.

You were so right about so many things, and because of you, I am in a much more secure place than I would have been otherwise. I just sort of wish that things would hold up a bit longer so that I could be in an even safer position.

When I think of a true hero, my mind logically pictures you. You are a hero, and you have saved me. Please take care of yourself and let this community know if we can help you in the future. Thanks again!

-Ricky