Wednesday, March 13, 2019

From Jenna Orkin

Trump Moves to Deport Vietnam War Refugees


Facebook deletes, and then restores, Elizabeth Warren's ads ...


I can attest to this.  I wrote to Zero Hedge after a link I posted on Facebook got tagged with the message that it violated community standards; now only I could see it.  The link concerned a transwoman who competed in a women's weight lifting contest.  Accompanying the article was a photo of the transwoman which you can check out here.  I added a message above the link:  "don't miss the weight lifter who identified as a woman while he beat all the female records."  (This weight-lifter reverted to male identification as soon as the competition was over, of course.)

As Zero Hedge says in its article about the ban, which apparently a number of ZH readers reported over the course of the weekend, Facebook doesn't explain which community's standards are being violated, much less how.  I wondered whether Facebook was offended by the pronoun "he" that I used to describe the weightlifter who, for a couple of hours, presumably would have referred to himself as "she."

But apparently the standards are broader than that.  And the community being offended may be none other than Facebook itself, which ZH has taken to task on numerous occasions.

I'm going to post a version of this message on Facebook to see what happens. - JO

San Francisco's housing market is so dire that this once tiny home built out of desperation after the 1906 earthquake for $50 is now selling for $2.5 million. Take a look inside.




No comments: